In this tech guide, you will learn how to block pop up ads in any browser without using any software or plugin. Today, there are many websites who run such pop up ads to earn money using their visitors click. You can see many website in which you click on any part of website it open lot of pop ups. These ads forced you to visit other websites. However, these ads are very dangerous for people specially for children. These ads can contain pornography also. Mostly illegal websites run such type of ads for earning money.
Steps to block pop up ads in any browser
It does not matter you are using laptop, mobile or any device. If you have a browser like Mozilla, Chrome or Microsoft Edge then you definitely block such ads using some simple steps. Almost all browsers have these option that we are going to learn here but not 100% browsers will allow you.
Block Ads in Desktop or Laptop
In Chrome Browser
- Open your Chrome browser and open a URL that you know contain such type of ads like thepiratebay.org.
- You can see Secure Icon in some websites but not in all as shown below
- In some website you can see grey icon instead of green secure lock as shown below
- Just click and a menu will open in drop down as shown below
In Mozilla Browser
- Open any website which is full of pop up ads then you can see similar icons like green lock icon, grey icon just like above
- Now open link in new tab “about:config” without quotes as show below
- You will see a warning showing message that “This might void your warranty” then Click on I accept the risk.
In Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer
Block Ads in Mobile
In Chrome Browser
- Just open any website in chrome browser mobile as shown below
- Now Click on 3 dots on left side as show above then a menu will open as shown below
- Click on Settings a new window will open showing you all settings as shown below
- Now click on Site Settings
- Now you will see option for disable and enable java script on particular website. You can enjoy website without any pop up ads.
For Mozilla and Other Mobile Browsers